2013: La Nouvelle Année

New Years Eve 
Moi, Sydney, Pili, Olof, Karolina, Barbara, Ninny, and Kristine   
 Kristine, being a Norwegian blonde, got her eyebrows died. We insisted being with her while she got them colored to keep her company. 
 ...but we were more really annoying than supportive. :)


We had our fun for the five minutes she had leave the dye on. In turned out beautiful! 
The river,Vienne, in Châtellerault. It has rained a lot these past two weeks and so the water is super high. The island there usually an island on the left, but currently it's only trees sticking out of the water. 
A couple of days ago, I finally received my birthday/christmas presents from Rachel. Even though Germany is way closer than the US, I got my presents from Rachel long after the boxes from the US. 
Last night, my family made Raclette. Raclette is a dish where you heat up cheese and scrape off the melted cheese onto other food. In this case, we put the cheese on potatoes and a variety of meats. 
(This photo is out of order, but I'm not sure how to switch it.) 
My host mom is super creative. I went downstairs the other day and found this! She had papier-mâché an antique mannequin with newspaper. 
 More Raclette photos 
My host dad always arranges the food so that it's pretty. We don't have Raclette everyday, but he manages to arrange our food beautifully for practically every meal.