Est-il vraiment simple comme "bonjour"?

Today is my last day with AFS. Tomorrow, I will be considered an independent student. (I will still be living in France until July, long enough to complete the school year and take the BAC at the end of June.) This morning I had an oral exam in English class. It was great! I've officially forgotten how to speak English well and correctly! That and I also chose to talk about Swaziland (we were studying the Commonwealth in class right now...thrilling, right?). I figured the professor knew nothing about the country so if I was mistaken she wouldn't notice. However, I didn't think about the fact that I had no idea how to pronounce the names of the people or the cities in Swaziland. Oh well. The good news is that I know a lot about Swaziland now (more than I'll probably ever need to know.) Also, I finally finished the book, "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. It's super good if you haven't already check it out.
So while I was stuck in économiques class it occurred to me that the title of my blog, "Il est simple come bonjour" is kinda deceiving. "Il est simple comme bonjour" means "It's as simple as (saying) hello." Before I came to France, I thought I was super creative to create a title implying that my french exchange would start out to be as easy as saying hello. You got to start somewhere, right? I guess I thought that my title of this blog would suggest a more positive spin than my real "I'm-absolutely-terrified-to-leave-home" thoughts at the time. Yes, it was super scary and hard at first to be living in a country where barely knew the language on top of knowing nobody. However, it was in fact as easy as saying hello, stepping out of your comfort zone to get to meet new friends and people. So I agree with my original idea behind of this blog's title. For me, it means take a risk once in a while and to just say hello. The part that I find deceiving is the literal meaning. To say, "hello" in french ("bonjour" or less formally "salut") is actually one of the hardest words to say correctly or without accent. Although, it's January I still have an accent when I say, "bonjour" or "salut". It drives me nuts! My friend, Cheryl will give you the low down on how to correctly pronounce these "popular french greetings".
Isn't she the best? 
For a challenge, try pronouncing the french "r"! 

As terribly interesting as she is, her videos are super helpful. If you're looking to improve your french you can look up more videos by her at "frenchsounds" on youtube. Hope these videos keeps you entertained for now.
This song has been in my head all day. Have fun!
"Elle m'a dit" avec Mika 

-Becca