Enfin, NEIGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday it finally snowed! I woke up to the lovely surprise of Châtellerault covered with a (thin) blanket of snow. It was so beautiful! I missed snow so much that I nearly cried when I first saw it...even though I had seen a little bit of snow the hood of our neighbor's car the night before. It was so nice to finally see some snow in Châtellerault. When it snows here, everyone panick. If there is more than a couple centimeters of snow you either have a school day or school ends early depending when the snow started of course. So Friday is snowed during most of the morning. By the afternoon, almost all of it melted away and the snow was replaced with freezing rain. The city buses were closing down in fear of icy roads so a lot of people left school early.
Friday night I slept over at Janina's and Olof's house. They are exchange students sisters. (I think I explained this in an earlier post, but they are two exchange students living in the same home.) They live in Coussay-les-Bois. It's a tiny town (calling it a town is generous because it's really a cluster of houses) about five minutes from Châtellerault. Even in the frozen slush it was an adorable town! it's in the french country side. We went over and visited Pili who lives in a house a minute walking's distance away from their house. When I was at Janina and Olof's house, I used their laptops. It was super difficult trying to type. We always complain about each other's keyboards because we we're all used to own language's keyboard. It's a small detail of life that you don't really think about until you are trying to type on keyboards from various countries.
Above is an Icelandic keyboard. 
Above is a German keyboard.
 Olof was catching up on some celebrity gossip.
 Incase you've forgotten this is what an English keyboard looks like. (Well, I guess you could just look down at your own keyboard.) 
A french keyboard. Notice the A and the Q are switched. It's so annoying! I'm always replacing the a's with q's when I write with a french keyboard and it ends up looking like this: Qhhhh! I hqte typing! It's so qnnoying! Also, another this that drives me crazy is that you have to press the shift every time you want to add a period to the end of a sentence. I find this super irritating but it makes sense the language.  In french, you use a lot of run on sentences. The difference is that it's not grammatically incorrect to use run on sentences. Wow. I probably putting you all to sleep. 
Anyway, Saturday night I went over to Kristine's house. Kristine, Sydney, Jakob, and I all babysat her little sisters. When we woke up the next morning, it had snowed again! We had a snowball fight and even built a tiny snowman! 

Kristine, Sydney, and me
Gerald le petit bonhomme du neige 
(bonhomme du neige= snowman)

Jakob, Fred (the host dad of Kristine), and Kristine 
Making Gerald 

As you can see there was not actually that much snow. 
Photo credit: Fred (for all of the snow ball fight photos that I borrowed from Facebook) 

This weekend went by way too fast. Woohoo! Monday, here I come! 
-Becca